Today is "Fat Tuesday" or Mardi Gras, the day before Lent. Since my last post I haven't done much in losing weight. I've been sick again with a cold which has kept me from exercising. I just wanted comfort food. Now, I'm feeling a little better and have decided that Lent is the perfect time to focus on really making some changes. If I keep in mind that the focus of these changes is for a six week period, I think it will be easier to face. Plus, I can measure results at the end of the six weeks and really focus on some goals.
The first goal will be around exercise. Since I'm feeling better I need to get back exercising. My goals is to do 150 minutes of exercise per week. At the end of 6 weeks I will have 900 minutes of exercise, at least.
The second goal is around tracking my food. My goal is to track every day everything I eat, no matter what.
The third goal is around water. I will drink at least 48 ounces a day, which will put me at 2016 ounces in 6 weeks.
The fourth goal, probably the biggest, is that I am giving up diet pop for Lent. This is going to be VERY hard as I have been addicted to it for a long time. I know it's really not good for you. I want to see what happens if I stop. Will I lose weight? Will I have less sugar cravings? Will I have less bloat? Will I have to go to the bathroom less? It will be interesting to see.
So for today I'm loading up on my Diet Pepsi before I say goodbye, at least for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment